Name: Andrinirina Joël RANDRIANASOLO
Position/Role: HEAD OF ENGINEERING PLANNING AND OPTIMIZATION DEPARTMENT
Physical Address: TELMA, Bâtiment Technique Analakely, Antananarivo 101
Nominated by: Jean Herve Rasolomona, TELMA (Telecom Madagascar).
|Region: Indian Ocean
- 8 years experience in the field of Telecommunications Networks and IT, specialized in wireless (2G and 3G) and fixed broadband network design and Optimization
- 2.5 years experiences as head of Engineering, Planning and Optimization Department
- 3 years experiences as RF Planning and optimization.
- Manager and Radio planner on 900/1800 GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks with Multi-vendor experience:
- ERICSSON, HUAWEI, ALU, Juniper and Multi-technology experience: Wireless: GSM, 3G, 4G. Transmission: SDH wireless and Optical fiber (design), DWDM, IP aggregation, MPLS networking, metro switch network. Self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision.
- Fast learner Since October 2011.
Head of Engineering, Planning and Optimization Department TELMA MADAGASCAR: Managing the engineering team of Telma group, the leader of telecommunication industry in Madagascar which consists of 20 Senior Engineers specialized in Mobile, Fixed and Broadband Network.
- Elaborate the business plan for Telma technical department including the forecasted CAPEX
- Elaborate the strategy to transform Telma network to full IP: from the access network to the Core network (mobile, fixed and broadband).
- Design and optimization of more than 400 2G, 150 3G sites in Madagascar
- Design the coming 4G project of Telma group including the refarming of Telma 1800Mhz frequency spectrum.
- Design and optimization of Telma broadband network which consists today of a large park of IPDSLAMs offering wide variety of service to our customer: XDSL,FTTH
- Design and optimization of Telma National backbone which consists today of 8000Km of optical fiber offering DWDM and SDH service.
- Design and optimization of Telma National IPMPLS backbone which consists of carrier grade Core and Edge routers and switches.
- Design and optimization of the usage Telma metropolitan 10G ring.
- Design and optimization of Telma Mobile and fixed Core network
- Responsible of Telma International connectivity throught EASSy (our submarine cable) and through Satellite.
- Manage the international infrastructure of Telma: POPs in London and Paris allowing Telma to provide international leased line layer 2 and layer 3 for its corporate customer.
- Elaborate the international IP connectivity of Telma by integrating IXP, peering, IP transit. A part from that i am member of Internet Society Chapter Madagascar, deputy President of Malagasy Telecommunication Association and member of the task force in charge of the implementation of MADIX : Madagascar Internet Exchange
As you can see above I am multi-technology mobile, fixed broadband with a specialization on mobile broadband. I am sure that with such background I can bring new concept/idea for the AFRINIC board.