Call for Presentations
AIS'17 is organised in two parts: Training & Workshops and Plenary Sessions. Every year the AFRINIC Programme Committee looks for people to:
- Participate in the technical conference sessions as a speaker
- Convene and chair panel sessions on relevant topics
- Deliver technical tutorials
Suggested Presentation Topics
The AIS'17 programme committee seeks speakers from all regions to deliver presentations during plenaries on a number of Internet related topics including:
- Internet Governance
- Core Internet infrastructure
- Access, utility and development
- The Internet and economic development
- Business practices in the era of technology
- Higher education in the age of technology
- Cyber Security
- Technology and business
- Cloud Computing
- Open Data/Big Data
- Technology and content production
- Relations between mobile operators and the Internet community
- Mobile applications
- Peering and interconnection
- Presentations are 15-20 minutes in length, with approximately 10-15 minutes for Q&A at the end of each presentation.
- The maximum time allotted per presentation will not exceed 45 minutes.
- The presenter(s) will be required to upload their final presentation in PDF format, five days prior to the presentation date.
- Presenters are responsible for producing any handouts should they require them. There are usually approximately 200 delegates in each session.
- Tutorials can range from 90 minutes to half a day in length.
- Presentations with marketing and commercial content will not be considered.
How to submit a Presentation Proposal
Please register/login on the AIS’17 website. Fill in the online form with the requested information.
In the Speakers section, provide your abstract, your biography and slides if available and you are done!
Important dates to note
Deadline for submitting an application – 14 April 2017
Notification of acceptance of application – 21 April 2017
Submission of draft presentation – 28 April 2017
Submission of final presentation - 23 May 2017